Consistent communication is one of our core values at both Superfit Foods and E3, so it’s important for me to regularly meet with key leaders within our teams and make sure that we are always on the same page.
I’m bias, but I believe this should be a core value within any relationship-based organization no matter what.
At first, it may take more time, because you’ll find you have some catching up to do, but if done consistently – these meetings should only take 20 to 30 minutes. I understand that all key leaders within an organization are oftentimes the busiest, so scheduling more meetings sounds daunting… but this one is worth it.
These are the things that I review with leaders on a regular basis:
- Progress report (of the following calendar week)
- Sales and service initiative (for next calendar week)
- What is the team doing well (this week/month)?
- What can the team do better (to finish the week/month)?
- What are you doing well (this week/month)?
- What can you (meaning your employee) do better (to finish the week/month)?
- What am I doing well?
- What can I (meaning you reading this) do better?
Most humans are inherently conflict avoidant, especially when it comes to their leader – so this conversation allows you both to stay humble and ahead of any potential disputes that can happen within a rapidly growing work place.
Your relationships with your people are everything, and I really believe this conversation will help keep them healthy and productive, so you can all work towards reaching your goals.
As always – please comment, like, SUBSCRIBE, leave a review, tell a friend and feel free to let me know what you’d like to learn/hear about next!